Risk: Game of Thrones, based on the epic HBO series, features two ways to play, including factions of noble Houses vying for control of Westeros during the time of The War of the Five Kings, as well as Daenerys Targaryen's rise to power in Essos. War and chaos have descended upon the realms of Men. In Westeros, the death of Robert Baratheon has created a power vacuum with rival Houses competing for control of The Iron Throne. Meanwhile, in Essos, Daenerys Targaryen is building an army to contest the rule of the Ghiscari slavers, before returning to reclaim The Iron Throne.
3 ways to play RISK Game of Thrones Edition:
(1) SKIRMISH - Basic version designed as an introduction to RISK Game of Thrones game play. Once you are comfortable, move on to Dominion.
(2) DOMINION - Advanced version of RISK Game of Thrones including Objectives, Characters, and Maester cards, offering more in-depth strategic action.
(3) WORLD AT WAR - Play with both maps and up to seven players using either the Skirmish or Dominion rules.
RISK Game of Thrones includes two game board maps and seven House armies. Westeros map is for 3-5 player game and Essos map is for 2 player game. There is a deck of territory cards for each map, and these function in a similar way to the original RISK gameplay. When playing Dominion rules, the character cards can grant special abilities to your House, the maester cards can grant tactical advantages during deployment and battles, and objective cards create goals and strategies for earning Victory Points.
Skirmish rules are most similar to the original RISK rules. There are minor thematic variations to suit the new map. The winner is determined by which player controls the most territories, castles and ports when the end game card is revealed.
Dominion rules add the additional mechanics and cards described above. Instead of simply trying to control the most territories, castles, and ports you are now trying to achieve specific Objectives to earn Victory Points, furthering your efforts to consolidate power and establish dominion over the rival Houses. Objectives are worth from 1 to 4 Victory Points, based on the difficulty to achieve them. The first player to earn 10 Victory Points while also controlling their Seat of Power wins the game.
Age: 18+ years
- Includes: Game of Thrones Risk Board Game: 2 game boards: Westeros & Essos, 315 army pieces representing Stark, Baratheon, Lannister, Martell, Tyrell, Targaryen & Ghiscari, 7 Seats of Power representing the noble Houses, 7 player boards representing the noble Houses, 188 cards (Territory, Objective, Character & Maester, 63 special unit tokens, 75 gold dragon coins, 9 dice and Instructions.
- For 2 - 7 Players
- Seven armies destined for battle: claim your right to the iron throne with one of seven noble house armies. Each army is composed of 45 finely crafted game pieces (315 game pieces total) represented by two different sculpted designs (1 unit army and 3 unit army) and one sculpted seat of power (castle).
- Two custom designed game boards displaying the known world: partake in the war of five kings in the lands of westeros with the 3-5-player game featuring houses martell, stark, baratheon, lannister, and tyrell; contest the rule of the ghiscari slavers in the realms of essos in a 2-player game featuring houses targaryen and ghiscari; or combine the two maps to fight the war to end all wars in a 7-player game featuring all seven houses.
- Seven exclusive player boards fit for the finest commanders: track your progress on one of seven personalized player boards customized for each house and never before included in a game of risk.
- Twenty-eight specialized character cards featuring extraordinary abilities: utilize the skills of four of the most powerful members of your house (28 character cards total; four per house) to dominate battles and defend against attacks.
- Stunning game packaging & components: proudly display the customized game box featuring silver-foil stamps of the house sigils and then organize your armies in specialized army storage containers within the game box.